Camera Shots Peer Comparison
In my previous blog post, I used five different camera shots and explained the process of what went into doing them. Along with the post, I had commented on two of my peer's blogs that were also of the same topic. Here in this post, I will describe what I had commented, what the shots were, and the emotions that they created. Additionally, I will compare my shots to theirs and how I feel I compare to them.
The first person I had commented on was Nyla. One particular shot she had that I enjoyed was her extreme close up of some flowers. I found this particular shot interesting because of the focus it contains on nature, forcing the audience to pay full attention to the flowers. Another one of her shots that I believe to be good was her high angle shot. With this shot, I felt as if the person in the shot was feeling powerless as we, the audience, are looking down on her as she is walking. When I compare my shots to Nyla's, I feel as if we have similar quality of shots, since we both incorporate a wide variety f shots and in a like-minded fashion. However, I do believe that her close-up shot is better than mine as she focuses the entirety of the camera towards the flowers, whereas my close up shot, where my partner was writing, is not completely focuses on solely my partner writing.
The second peer of mine that I had commented on was Nicole. One of her shots I really liked was her over-the-shoulder shot. In this shot, she films her partner over her shoulder while her partner uses her phone, acting as if the audience is peeking into what her partner is doing on her device. This creates a feeling of secrecy as it feels as if the girl has no idea that the audience is looking at what she is doing. Furthermore, another of her shots I found to be well-made was her point-of-view shot. Within the shot, we see her partner running away from the camera, making it seem that the audience is the chasing her. The shot creates drama since it makes us feel as if we are in the scene itself, chasing the girl down. When I compare her over-the-should shot to mine, I feel that hers has a bit more quality than mine as it truly feels that you are behind the actor within her shot, while mine is more of an unnatural feel. I believe that her shots are of higher quality than mine and I should strive to make my shots as good as hers.

Comments
Post a Comment