My Sound Story Project
My Sound Story Project
For this particular project, my partner and I were tasked with creating a story made entirely of sound, no visuals at all. Before explaining what went into making it, I will show the story, as well as a short video demonstrating how we made some of the sounds. Keep in made while watching that the story is about a student transitioning from one class to another at the sound of the school bell.
At first, we had a vague idea of what my partner and I were going to make. I thought that an interesting idea would be to make a story about someone waking up in the morning, going through their daily routine, like getting dressed, brushing their teeth, and having breakfast. However, we realized that we really wouldn't be able to do this together since we would have to go to each other's homes, so we decided to create a story that could be recorded at school, using the tools we had at the time. The recording process was fairly easy, as we knocked out most of the recordings in one class period.
When it came to editing for the first time in the class, we kept it simple. I was the one that we chose to do the editing for the project and, since it was the first time, I didn't try to do anything crazy. All I did was just splice the audio together and import some extra audio for the story. For example, the bell sound during the story is not one we recorded, but a file that I found online to make the story flow better. One thing that I found somewhat challenging was choosing the right software to edit the sound. Ultimately, I settled on using Audacity, as it was something that was already set up on my computer.
It was pretty fun working together with my partner on the project. Together, we recorded most of the sounds outside, in the courtyard of our school. I believe that we both played an equal part in creating the story, as we both took turns recording and being recorded. I think that we will both continue to work together on future projects since we both get along well.

Comments
Post a Comment