Preparing to Film

 For the actual filming of our movie opening, there are definitely a couple of challenges and easy points that we will have to deal with.


    Something that I believe will be a challenge is how we will be able to get the exact amount of footage we will need to make sure that we meet the minimum and maximum requirement for length of time. Of course, we can edit together the footage to shrink or stretch the length if necessary, but getting the proper footage to do so is still difficult. Another difficulty that we might run into is scheduling the time in order for us to meet and film. We will have to balance our schedules in order to figure out the exact times we can open up to begin our filming. Once we have the dates open, I do think it will be much easier from there.




    One of the easier points of the film, I believe, will be the acting portion. We don't have any particularly difficult roles to play within our film, so I think that any one in our group can easily fulfill the characters we have made for the film. Similarly, once we have the footage, I think that editing will be another part of the film that we will be able to confidently overcome. My partner, Daniel, and I are able to edit fairly confidently, so I am not worried how the film will flow together.




    The actors for our film will be ourselves. Since there are only two characters in the film, and three people in our group, two of us will play the characters, while the last one will film with the camera. The costumes the actors will use will be provided by ourselves. The main character will be using drab and bland clothing to emphasize the boredom or monotony they feel, while the secondary character will be dressed in all black, to conceal their identity and raise awareness from the audience as they try to figure out who they are. The locations we will use will be a empty office building, for the workplace that the main character leaves from the start of the film, an empty parking lot outside of the building, the road, and our own homes, to simulate the home of the main character. 




    We will be filming within the next couple of weeks, as soon as we have our schedules in order. When we do film we will be filming at nighttime in order to have the right mood for the film, especially since it is a horror film. The script has not been exactly written down yet; however, our group has a general idea of how the film will go, leaving us with only the details of the script to be planned out. Finally, the film equipment we will be using will just be our cell phones. We do not have access to any high-tech cameras, but I believe that our phones will be good enough in terms of camera quality.

Comments

Popular Posts