Storyboarding

 In this blog post, I will be talking about the things I have learned about storyboarding and will show a storyboard that I drew for a particular movie scene.


    Storyboarding is the visual representation of a film that breaks down individual scenes into their many different components and highlights each of them. It acts as a trial run of a movie before it is put into motion. The storyboard is made up of multiple sketches of the different shots that compose a scene and it includes things like lighting, camera angles, audio notes, graphics/texts, etc. 

    This part of the pre-development of a film is highly important because it plans out exactly how the film will be created, meshing together different elements of the film and illustrating how it will be directed. It is essential to have a good storyboard so that the entire idea of the film is planned out and can flow cohesively. Without a storyboard, there is no real plan for a film and it will most likely not be put into motion.

    Just like every other part of a film, storyboarding comes with its own set of challenges that filmmakers must deal with. One very difficult part of storyboarding is putting all of one's thoughts and ideas into a format that anyone can understand just by looking at and reading the illustrations. What one writes down on a paper might make sense to them, as it is their own thoughts, but to a different person, it might not make much sense, unless the writer formats the storyboard in a way that can be easily read. Another potential challenge for storyboarding could be remembering to include as many details into the individual shots as possible. Forgetting to leave out certain elements of a scene might make it confusing for when people read the storyboard, like having music play in a couple shots, then having it stop suddenly without a particular reason.


Now I will link the specific movie scene that I used as a reference for the storyboard that I created, as well as the storyboard I made for it.








Comments

Popular Posts