Inspiration for our film
This blog post will illustrate the inspirations and decisions that led to us choosing to make a mystery/horror movie for our project.
From the beginning, I knew that I wanted to make a mystery/horror film because I knew that there was quite a lot that our group could do with the idea. Since this would be the first time any of us had made a film, I felt that going with this type of movie would be much more approachable than, for instance, a drama. Our group isn't filled with very much acting potential, so we were all fine with limiting our acting in the film for a more atmospheric feeling. Additionally, both of my partners were fans of horror movies, so they were quickly on board with the idea of making that type of film.
A certain movie that I took inspiration from was Scary Movie. What I took from the movie was not the crude humor or the over-the-top gags that the movie is known for, but it was the subversion of expectations that the movie provides for its viewers. Our movie presents itself as serious up until the very end, where the whole seriousness stops and turns into a sort of comedy. I enjoyed this part of our film because it is something you don't expect to happen, which has people guessing what comes next.



Comments
Post a Comment