Representation in our film
Within this blog post, I will explain how we tackled representation in our film and who was meant to be represented. However, I must state that representation was not the purpose of the film and we did not plan on representing any specific group of people.
First off, I will explain that both of the characters in the film are Hispanic Americans. The film isn't about Hispanic Americans, we just happen to be Hispanic. I don't think that we are being stereotypical in the film nor our we shining a light on any specific race, creed, religion, etc. If anything, what I believe we are representing is how sometimes, people don't realize that they are taking a joke too far. Since representation wasn't really the focus of our film, I don't think that we really challenged trying to represent anybody.
Moving along, I also do not believe that we need to make any changes to our characters because we were able to capture the tone and mood we had wanted to. The dark and gloomy tone, as well as the unsettling atmosphere, is what we were planning from the start because we wanted it to be disturbed by the humor at the end.


Comments
Post a Comment